Diamond in the Rough

October 27, 2014

A few months ago I stepped into our Local Salvation Army looking for an old nightstand that I could spruce up for our guest bedroom. While waiting on an associate to answer a few questions, I thought I'd kill some time by glancing through the clothing section...I like to look at the old prom and wedding dresses :)

  In the middle of my browsing session, I came across this basically new Trina Turk blazer in a crushed copper velvet. It has a two button front closure and an optional sash that beautifully accentuates the waist. Priced at a whopping $6 (!!!), it was a no brainer. :)

I thought this blazer would be great way to dress up this simple peasant style dress I've had my eye on from Anthropologie. Or for a more casual Friday look, I thought I'd pair it with my favorite jeans and a light feminine top. 

Maybe it's the vintage feel, the copper color, or the more likely scenario, me . . . but as soon as I put this jacket on, I felt so equestrian! lol Maybe next time I'll just go with it and find a horse to take photos with me :) 

So here's the look I put together! 

P.s. In the future I'll try not to take photos when the sun is at it's peak! Shadows and squinty eyes aside, hopefully, you'll still get the idea :) 







Trina Turk Blazer (Similar), LOFT jeans (Similar wash), LOFT Blouse (Cute cotton option here), LOFT belt, Riding boots (similar option here; wide calf option here and here)

And this- because it's my husbands birthday week and I wouldn't have any photos to post without him! <3






No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!