Share Beauty Contest- Braided Hair Tutorial

July 16, 2014

Hey there Peeps! Yay for Friday Eve!!!
I'm super excited to share this post with you today! As I've mentioned before, The Small Things Blog is one of my absolute Favorite beauty blogs! It's one of a few that I actually check in with every day.  I can quite literally spend hours browsing around her blog watching hair tutorials. Kate is that good :)

When I saw this post about the #ShareBeautyContest campaign and the new double braided hair tutorial (check it out here!), I knew I just had to participate! 

I am by no means great at styling hair, but this style was just too cute not to try. I've got a little more length going on than Kate does, but here's my best go at it!

Here are the products I used. I don't recommend the Suave Volumizing Root Spray, but it was what I had on hand.


Ok, I first divided my hair up into sections and used a 1 1/2 inch curling iron to get a loose wave going. 

After each curl, I ran my fingers through my hair so it would look like this and not Shirley Temple :) 


Sorry folks, I do my makeup last :)


Continue curling and running your fingers through the rest of your hair. 
It may look like this...yikes.


Lol!

Okay, okay. Now it's time to start that adorable braid. 


Make sure you braid it away from your face so it lays flats against your head. After I made the braid, I went back and loosened it up a bit for a softer look.

Now, you want to take the braid and pin it back towards the center of your head. Use 2 bobby pins for a secure hold. 


Repeat the above on the opposite side. When pulling the braid around back, fold it slightly inward before securing with 2 more bobby pins. This will "hide" where the braid ended. 

It should look something like this . . .


Spray that sucker and there you have it folks!!


 *I went back in and added an extra bobby pin to flatten the fold after I took this here pic. Definitely not as pretty as Kate's, but that's why she's the professional ;)



Time to get ready for date night! 
P.s. I really love a Peter Pan collar :)


And we're off! 

 LOFT Curvy skinnies (here), LOFT blouse (here), LOFT earrings (similar), Target sandals (here), H&M Seersucker jacket (old)


Thanks for reading! Leave a comment and tell me what you think!


No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Unknown said...

Love it!! Will be trying it out this afternoon before my pop-up :)

Unknown said...

You'll Love it Lana!! Check out the tutorial linked above! She does a great job showing the steps :)