Smooth Morning Routine

August 11, 2014


After reading through this blog post on Blog Lovin', I was inspired to try some of these tips!

I am not, and I repeat Not a morning person. Of course there are different theories on whether or not people actually are "morning or not morning" people, but despite all opinions, morning is by far my least favorite time of day. So in an effort to be more responsible, I've decided to make a greater effort to improve my least favorable time of day. And incase you missed it, that would be morning. :)

For starters, here are a few tips that I've been trying lately:

1. Get Your Water Ready.

I'll be honest, I didn't' plan on trying this one. I'm a coffee in the morning type of gal, but in an effort to try something new, I decided to go for it. And guess what? It really does make a difference. I keep a water bottle on the sink in my bathroom (I like it to be room temperature) so it's easily accessible. I try to drink about 6-8 ounces as I'm getting ready. It really does help wake me up. I've realized how dehydrated I feel in the morning, so drinking water has really become quite refreshing. 

2. Make Space for Movement.

This one is oh so true. When my bedroom is messy, all I can think and see in the morning is mess. I feel like I can't find anything and I end up just blankly staring at everything I need to put away. Taking a few minutes at night to get organized is HUGE for me. 

3. Prepare Your Breakfast.

I almost always eat my breakfast at work, so I make sure I've hit up the grocery store so I have something that is easy to grab and go. The biggest time saver for me is setting the coffee to brew ahead of time and making sure I've prepared my lunch the night before. If all I need to do is pour my cup and throw everything into my cooler bag, I'm golden.

4. Know What You're Going to Wear. 

*I picked up this clothing rack (link here) at Ikea to help me get organized.

This is hands down the biggest time saver for me. Planning ahead for what I'd like to wear during the week has solved the following issues:

1) I no longer waste 20 minutes staring at my closet wondering why I have all these               clothes, but nothing to wear...it happens.
2) I know the night before if I'll need to shave my legs, don't judge me. 
3) I end up looking more put together and actually have time in the morning to do my hair and makeup.
4) I end up wearing more of the items in my closet, because I have the time to come up with new outfit combinations.
5) I feel more confident. This little word here will change how you handle yourself throughout the day. Not to mention, a better attitude :)

5. Put Your Things by the Door.

This is so easy. I know that I need my laptop bag, my cooler bag and purse. If I know that I want to change out my purse the night before, I can have it ready and sitting next to my front door along with the other items. All I have to do is grab it and go. 

Now if I can just remember to have gas in my car... :)

So these are a few tips that I've been trying in order to establish a smoother morning routine. They've been working out so well I've even been going to bed earlier and sleeping a little later. More sleep? Um, yes please


What do you do to help get you through that morning funk? 







No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Anonymous said...

Very good tips!

Unknown said...

Hey Lily! They have been Super helpful!! Good luck with maybe trying some of them out! ;)