Winter Herringbone Vest

July 25, 2014

It all started on Pinterest . . .

It was a cool Fall day in November, when I took to my normal comfy spot on the couch. I had a warm cup of coffee, a blanket and my computer. The essentials for a Pinterest marathon.

As I browsed through my feed, this photo stopped me in my tracks . . .
Photo via Southern Sweetie
Effortless, yet so put together. Girly, yet rugged. I mean you could literally wear this traipsing through a field or out shopping with your girlfriends on a rainy day. Perfection.

So I made my mental list : Leggings? Check. Boots? Check. Chambray? Check. Vest? Hello vest??? Nope.

I was on a mission. I clicked the photo, tried a search on Pinterest, google searched "herringbone vest" . . . nothing. I then started going through all the websites of your top run of the mill stores I thought may sell something like this: Anthropologie, GAP, Old Navy, JCrew . . . 

Score!!

I finally found this little herringbone vest. I was prepared to pay full price, because I mean it really is that amazing. But of course, as with most items I find of this caliber, it was Sold Out. Such hurtful words

Sadness settled in, but the drive was still there. So I did what most people do, I headed to Ebay. 
Of course I found this little number. It was listed at $75, but I quickly learned it wasn't just me who desired this beauty. Many, MANY more did as well. As I watched the vest over the next week or so, it quickly went up to over $200 pesos. I loved it, and I may have even loved it $200 dollars, but I just couldn't do it. I checked JCREW's sight frequently hoping for a restock, which never came. It was eventually removed from their sight all together. That was a sad day. 
It never came back in stock and even this Summer, this vest was well over $150 on Ebay.

Well, that brings up to the present.  And IT IS BACK! JCREW Outlet has come through and brought me this beautiful vest once again. And this time, it's mine :) I purchased an xsmall and am crossing my fingers that it's true to size. I may even purchase the small just incase :)

So, there's my adventure. Everyone is flipping out on Instagram over the restock, so if you love it...or even like it, my advice? Buy it here and buy it soon, cause it's already on backorder :) 

Here are a few looks that I can't wait to pair with this vest for Fall. 

 Photo via Southern Charm

Can't you just see the vest over this adorable knit dress 
with some flats and a ponytail for the weekend? Swoon.
 Photo via Pinterest. Source not available.
Photo via IpickPIC
Thanks for reading! How would you wear this vest?

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Ele said...

I would love to get this vest but like you don't know how the sizing goes, don't want to pay for returns, and don't live close enough to an outlet. That being said 75 is a big improvement but it's still kind of pricey to me. Hopefully I can find it at some point for less then that. I love the ways you want to style it. It's such a versatile piece to have.

Btw I found you on IG and you have some great looks. I'm a total Loft girl myself!

Ele @ inspirationele.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Hey Ele!! So I got my vest in and I'd say it runs a bit big. I normally wear an xsmall in Jcrew tops, minus their t-shirts (I grab a small in those). I got the xsmall in and there's definitely enough room to wear a sweater underneath, zip it up, and it still not be super fitted. I thought the fabric was going to be wool on the outside, but it's the typical "swishy" fabric as the inside of the puffer, just with with a pattern. So it wasn't exactly what I expected, but it's still pretty cute :) I'll definitely get a lot of wear out of it. Thanks for checking out my Blog! I always love to meet and chat with another LOFT girl ;) Have a great week girl!! <3 Jessica